Arngarihm is complete (for now). He has a simple rig to position him properly. I will fix the textures on his flank and torso so that they lay more properly and don't repeat as much. I will also try to eliminate the "hole" looking texture on the front of his body.
I will be doing a fully rendered video with the fixes needed, though additional time may be required. (after the semester is over).
I've started building the geometry of the main body and tail. I will begin work on making the owl torso, the wings, feathers, and armour soon.
The idea of project 03 is to combine two animals into a hybrid creature. I wanted to combine a barn owl and a mountain ram, but avoid making it look like a normal Hippogriff.
I started by sketching the creature - his name is Arngarihm - and then photobashing a bunch of different pieces from both rams, barn owls, and an eagle or two to get the desired effect.
I will next design a orthographic view of Arngarihm, and begin working in Maya.